What information do we collect?
We only collect personal data that you provide to us voluntarily. This is data which is reasonably necessary to provide you with:
- ordered goods and services;
- news, information about methods of children’s early development, special offers, competitions, promotions;
- offers of individual service;
- results of contests, prize draws, and stories about early development.
This includes any information that would allow us to personally contact you (your name, address, phone number and email address), that you give us about someone else (name and age of your children, name and contact information of your friends), and some additional data, such as payment, computer and website usage information.
It may also include additional data you provide if you send us your CV in relation to a job vacancy at Skylark Learning.
How do we use information that we collect?
Your personal data is used only for the purposes for which you provided it, and to support and obtain feedback on our service to you.
Where and for how long do we keep data?
Your data may be stored on secure servers in the UK, in Europe or outside of Europe, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary, taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide information about new products and services or marketing promotions when you have agreed to receive such mailings, and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). After this reasonable period, your personal information will be deleted from all systems in Skylark Learning. You have also the right to request that your personal information be deleted at any time.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer card details with any third parties.
How can you access or amend your personal data?
You can ask to remove, amend or check your personal details from our systems by sending an email or letter to the address listed at the end of this document or by calling by phone. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after we receive your request, we may ask you to confirm your identity.
What kind of data do we share with third parties?
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of Skylark Learning unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- For processing orders and website maintenance (eg couriers or web hosting company). Our business partners must at all times provide equivalent levels of security for your personal information as Skylark Learning and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private and secure.
- When we receive any applicable law, legal process or enforceable governmental request, or when it is necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the company, our customers/users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- Personal data may be transferred to our partners, provided that: 1) the data is transferred in the customer’s interests (for example, to enable a product to be picked up from the partner’s shop); 2) this transfer of data complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – such as publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, to show trends about the general sales of our products.
Skylark Learning is an international group of companies. Therefore personal data may be transferred outside the UK or jointly be used by companies belonging to the Skylark Learning Group that are located in different countries only for the purposes for which you provided it.
How do we protect your personal data?
We take all necessary measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We:
- restrict which Skylark Learning employees can access your personal information by technical and organisational means;
- sign confidentiality agreements with and ensure the protection of personal data by our partners and service providers;
- review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to safeguard against unauthorised access to systems.
How do we use email marketing and links to third party websites?
Skylark Learning does NOT send spam emails and does not use your personal information (including your email address) for direct marketing or follow-up communications unless you give us your permission. If for some reason, you believe you have received spam email from Skylark Learning please contact us immediately using the details at the end of this document.
We may provide links to other third party sites to provide customers with useful information. If you link to or use such third party sites or features, you do so at your own risk. We do not control and are not responsible for the content or practices of any third party site, application or feature.
Why do we recommend to accept the terms of this Policy?
By using our website or by giving us your personal information, you acknowledge the possibility that we will process both the personal data you provide and additional information (including cookies, data connection and system information) and consent to their processing in accordance with the principles set out in this Policy.
How can you contact us?
St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK
Telephone: +44 (0)1223 421690